It’s customary to tip your movers for a job well-done. Granted that movers are part of the service industry, this comes as no big surprise. After all, these are professionals whom you entrust some of your precious and prized belongings. And the good thing is that most local movers in Portland go above and beyond to make sure that your move is as smooth as possible.
Whether you need to hire labor help, loading help, packers, or a full service moving company, it’s only prudent to give them a little tip as a thank you. Some people will give a tip of $10, while others will go up to $50.
When to Tips Movers
We must make something clear right off the bat: you are not required to tip your movers. In fact, most local movers in Portland don’t expect a tip, but tipping is a great way of expressing your gratitude when your mover does a bang-up job. More often than not, the rule-of-thumb is to tip the movers individually and not the owner, supervisor or foreman. This way, if you think one or more movers did an impeccable job compared to others, you might want to tip them accordingly.
With that, most people tip movers when they feel that they went out of the way to meet or surpass their expectations. Here are a few examples in which tipping your local Oregon movers might sound like a good idea:
● If your movers worked odd hours or through the hoops like winding stairs just to get things done
● If your movers finished the packing, loading, unloading or the entire move well ahead of the estimated time.
● If they moved a significant number of bulky, heavy or oddly shaped furniture, particularly if the move involved long walks, stairs or other hurdles.
● If they loaded your belongings into a truck when it seemed impossible in the first place
● When they take care of your fragile items without breaking or damaging them
So, How Much Should You Tip Your Movers?
There’s no exact amount or rate when it comes to tipping your Milwaukie movers (or any other movers, for that matter). However, the ballpark is often between 5 percent of the total moving bill and $20 per mover. If the movers worked 12 hours or longer on your move, $40 per person is fair game.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly